The Latest from the GCC
The Gilroy Compassion Center is happy to report the following activities in July and August 2018:
- 22 homeless people placed in housing/process for housing started
- 33 homeless people signed up for housing
- 2 homeless people started school
- The Gilroy Compassion Center’s Creeks Team cleaned an area near 101 Freeway and 10th Street in Gilroy, thanks to a generous grant from the Santa Clara Valley Water District. The creek team will continue this effort until late October. Proud of our Homeless Clients who give back to our Community!
- 10 homeless people in attendance at our on-site Books & Art and Grievance classes
- Narcotics Anonymous Meeting will be starting soon!
Save the Date!
Join us on September 8 from 12pm – 7pm at Christmas Hill Park in Gilroy for a Gospel Music Festival featuring Leon Patillo that will benefit the Gilroy Compassion Center. The event is free! Click here for more information.
Board of Directors 2017-2018
- Jan Bernstein Chargin, Chair
- Reid Lerner, Vice Chair
- Tony Mannino, Treasurer
- Scott Jackson, Secretary
- Pastor Debbie Rivera
- Jeff Wagner
- Shawn Weymouth
- Mike Beasley
- John Taft
- Bill Faus
- Dirk Caudill
- John Perales, Executive Director
- Janessa Villareal, Case Manager
- Lisa Dimas-Jensen, Case Manager